Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Lunching at a Bakeshop - Art-is-in Bakery Is Heating It Up With Kevin's Clam Chowder


I went to Art-is-in Bakery (or is it Boulangerie?) for bread shopping and ended up staying for lunch. My first time trying their midday fare.

I didn't want a big honking sandwich. Many are priced around $11. More than I cared to spend for lunch and a price that implied 'size'. So I took on Kevin's Clam Chowder.

The KCC, named for owner-baker-chef Kevin Mathieson, was loaded up with clams plus big chunks of potato, celery, carrots and tomato.

The lightly creamed broth was absent of 'glom' and had a bit of spicy heat to warm your cheeks. The kind of lip-smacking taste that leaves you wanting for seconds.

No fish crackers here. Teetering on the plate was a wedge of the famous Art-is-in Boulangerie's Dynamite Cheddar, Chive & Jalapeño baguette.

Plenty of lunch for $6.25.


Art-is-in Bakery
250 City Center Avenue, Bay 114 (access from Scott St., just west of Preston)
Ottawa, Ontario
613.695.1226
Website: www.artisinbakery.com
Facebook: Art-is-in Bakery
Twitter: ArtisinBakery

Mon to Wed: 7 am - 6 pm
Thurs to Fri: 7 am - 7 pm
Sat: 8 am - 5 pm
Sun: 8:30 am - 4 pm (Brunch from 9 am - 1 pm)

Art Is in Bakery on Urbanspoon

4 comments:

  1. I love their food too, but I find the service in that place a little off-putting. I'm glad you had a good dining experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read lots of comments about the service too. Hopefully it gets taken to heart. I sense they are revamping their set-up and process a bit. I do find the place noisy and get asked to repeat what I say when placing my order, etc. I have to wonder if it makes conducting a friendly conversation near impossible for those serving the clients. That would be so tiresome for them to constantly be asking to repeat. I am not a regular for their meals, although they seem like they would be delicious taste bombs. The calorie count just seems way off the charts for me to be going too often. Must pace food sins.

      Delete
  2. Hi Anne, I hope you are well. I love clam chowder and this one looks delicious. Beautiful photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope all is well with you too. And the beautiful twins. Growing like weeds I bet. I am glad that you are back blogging. The food is so healthy!

    It was a nice clam chowder. And the picture as just from my phone. Surprisingly okay considering it was a dull day and there isn't much light in the place.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...