Wednesday, January 12, 2011

LCBO Food & Drink Magazine - Winter Issue 2011



The Winter issue of the LCBO's Food & Drink Magazine was released today. As always, I made my pilgrimage to be there for the 10 am opening of my local outlet. With all household vehicles occupied already, it meant going by bus! Now that is dedication! As it turns out, it was a beautiful winter's day for being outdoors and walking around.

My test for what is hot in the Food & Drink magazine is to dance through the pages just before Noon and see which ones make my mouth well up. Not a bad test actually. Consider giving it a try.

What got me salivating this time?

  • Vindaloo Meatballs (From Retro Revival by Heather Trim)
  • Wild Mushrooms, Pear and Gruyère in Walnut Crêpes (From A Craving For Crêpes by James Chatto and Nicole Young)
  • Warm Fruit Spice Cake with Brûléed Topping (From Dinners on a Dime by Monda Rosenberg)
  • Sticky Oven Ribs with Smoky Roasted Sweet Potatoes (From Sweet & Savoury Molasses by Marilyn Bentz-Crowley)
  • Port-Dressed Fig & Arugula Salad with Prosciutto Chips (From Table For Two by Michael Fagan and Julia Aitken)
Of course there are so many other delicious recipes full of temptations.

I always have a soft spot too for the music playlist. The Sunday Morning Playlist by Rick Shurman and Earl Torno is available for purchase. It features some of my favourite heartache songs like So Far Away by Carole King and Cry Me a River by Diana Krall.

The issues are scooped up in no time. You need to get yours fast and find out what is going to get you through the winter blahs.

2 comments:

  1. The Wild Mushrooms, Pear and Gruyère in Walnut Crêpes sounds delicious! I can't wait to grab a copy of the magazine!
    - Brittany

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those crêpes are cuing up on my 'must make' list. Still pawing the pages of the Winter mag.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...